Primal Soles are made out of three layers: a top layer of natural cork, a middle layer of anti-bacterial memory foam and a bottom layer of recycled cork & foam.
Cork is a natural material that is comfortable, light and sustainable. It can also be recycled and reused. Visit our Back to the Source section to know more.
Unlike all other insoles on the market, Primal Soles are specifically designed so they can be 100% recycled. By using cork, we ensure that each sole can be recycled and transformed into that bottom layer.
Primal Soles are made in the north of Portugal, an area known for its generations of expertise in footwear manufacturing.
- Cork is Soft to the Touch: the natural texture of cork combines softness and flexibility to the touch to make it the ideal pillow for the feet while providing comfort and support
- Cork provides Excellent Thermal Regulation: the air inside the abundance of cell membranes makes cork an excellent thermal regulator leading to low levels of thermal conductivity as compared to any other industrial or technological material
- Cork is Naturally Anti-Bacterial: due to its suberin compound cork naturally repels small particles and resists toxin absorption and mold, making it the perfect material to remain odorless on the feet
- Cork is Moisture Wicking: impermeable to liquids and gasses, cork does not absorb moisture such as sweat due to its suberin and ceroids contained in its cell walls, making it the perfect material to remain dry on the feet
- Cork is Extremely Light: since cork consists for more than 90% out of air it makes it extremely lightweight, and due to its honeycomb structure of cells filled with an air-like gas, it is elastic, shock absorbent and resilient
- Cork has High Impact Resistance: due to its honeycomb structure, cork has a high impact resistance as compared to other hard surfaces. Its resistance to impact or friction gives it a high friction coefficient
All orders before 13:00 European Summer Time are processed same day. All orders after 13:00 EST are processed next day.
Shipping within NL is next business day
Shipping within EU is between 3-5 business days
Shipping outside EU is 5-10 business days depending on local custom laws
We offer free global shipping on all orders over €50
There is free global shipping on all orders over €50
For orders inside the EU there is a flat rate of €1
For orders outside the EU there is a flat rate of €4
Yes, all orders are provided with a Track & Trace number
We offer returns and exchanges for 30 days on items purchased through our website. For more information visit our Refund Policy.
We recommend choosing a slightly smaller size than your shoe size. However, if your primals do come a bit too big, you can always customize the size by placing the existing insole over your primals and cutting along its edges. Every shoe is different after all...
This depends on your preference. In general, we see that our customers replace the existing insole with their new primals. However, especially in boots, some like to double up. Every shoe is different after all...
- Sizes 35 - 40 Low Arch Bananas are 4.6 mm on the front and go up to 4.7 mm on the back of the heel
- Sizes 41 - 47 Low Arch Bananas are 4.6 mm on the front and go up to 4.8 mm on the back of the heel
- Sizes 35 - 40 High Arch Cortiças are 4.7 mm on the front and go up to 4.8 mm on the back of the heel
- Sizes 41 - 47 High Arch Cortiças are 4.7 mm on the front and go up to 4.9 mm on the back of the heel
- Sizes 35 - 40 Clouds are 4.3 mm on the front and go up to 4.4 mm on the back of the heel
- Sizes 41 - 46 Clouds are 4.3 mm on the front and go up to 4.5 mm on the back of the heel
Thickness is measured directly out of the box so expect a more even alignment over time and usage
Primal Soles are perfect for everyday, office and outdoor shoes. Make sure to choose the right fit according to the product description. For example, thinner insoles like the “Low Arch Bananas” edition are best for office shoes that naturally have a tighter fit. Please contact us if you have additional questions on the best fit.
EUR 35 | US W 4.5 - 5 | 23.3 cm
EUR 36 | US W 5.5 - 6 | 23.9 cm
EUR 37 | US W 6.5 - 7 | 24.6 cm
EUR 38 | US W 7.5 - 8 | 25.3 cm
EUR 39 | US W 8.5 - 9 | 25.9 cm
EUR 40 | US W 9.5 - 10 | 26.5 cm
EUR 41 | US W 10.5 - 11 | US M 7.5 - 8 | 27.2 cm
EUR 42 | US W 11.5 - 12 | US M 8.5 - 9 | 27.9 cm
EUR 43 | US W 12.5 - 13 | US M 9.5 - 10 | 28.6 cm
EUR 44 | US M 10.5 - 11 | 29.3 cm
EUR 45 | US M 11.5 - 12 | 29.9 cm
EUR 46 | US M 12.5 - 13 | 30.6 cm
EUR 47 | US M 13.5 - 14 | 31.2 cm
Sizes might be slightly larger than your shoe size. All Primal Soles can be cut to fit.
EUR 35 | US W 4.5 - 5 | 8.0 cm
EUR 36 | US W 5.5 - 6 | 8.2 cm
EUR 37 | US W 6.5 - 7 | 8.4 cm
EUR 38 | US W 7.5 - 8 | 8.6 cm
EUR 39 | US W 8.5 - 9 | 8.8 cm
EUR 40 | US W 9.5 - 10 | 9.0 cm
EUR 41 | US W 10.5 - 11 | US M 7.5 - 8 | 9.2 cm
EUR 42 | US W 11.5 - 12 | US M 8.5 - 9 | 9.4 cm
EUR 43 | US W 12.5 - 13 | US M 9.5 - 10 | 9.4 cm
EUR 44 | US M 10.5 - 11 | 9.6 cm
EUR 45 | US M 11.5 - 12 | 9.7 cm
EUR 46 | US M 12.5 - 13 | 9.8 cm
EUR 47 | US M 13.5 - 14 | 10.0 cm
Width is measured at its widest point and will vary in width as the soles are not square. All Primal Soles can be cut to fit.
If you opted for the subscription you will receive a return label in the resealable envelop with each new order.
If you opted for the one-time purchase you can hit the "Recycle" tab on the home page and follow the instructions to receive a return label.
You can directly contribute to recycling your primals by sending them back to us at the end of its product life cycle. Unlike any other insoles out there, we collect all primals at a local point after which we grind them up and create new bottom parts for each new pair of primals. Pretty cool right?
We are the only insole company on the planet that has a contract pertaining to the Shipping of Green List Waste in accordance with the Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 of the European Parliament.